You Have Access to Terese Zache Herself OWNER & WOMEN'S FASHION CONSULTANT
Terese was only 15 when she knew what she wanted to do as her career. Her interest in fashion was originally sparked when she did modeling and helped to plan events for a department store in town. Terese, who also had a passion for art, realized she could bring the worlds of fashion and art together by becoming a clothing designer! Terese received her fashion design degree from UW-Madison and the Fashion Institute in New York City. Terese then returned to her hometown of Madison to open Terese Zache Designs in 1981. She designed and constructed more than 1,500 original pieces over the next 20 years.
Her designs have been worn at the White House, Grammy’s and many other prestigious business and social events locally and abroad. Her talent, education, and design background gives her a unique perspective on fashion suited to Madison, The Midwest…or anywhere! In 2003 Terese opened the first Terese Zache Designs retail store in Middleton. She then moved to the Hilldale Mall where she stayed for 9 years and is now happily located in her new boutique just outside the West Towne Mall!
Terese Zache Designs was opened 13 years ago by local designer Terese Zache. Since then, the store has become Madison’s most stylish destination for women’s clothing. Our store is home to exclusive brands from around the world as well as many made right here in the USA. Terese’s understanding of clothing both inside and out has resulted in a collection of unique quality pieces unlike any other. We offer a feel-good environment with our friendly staff whose mission is to help you look your best. A multiple Best-of-Madison (Gold in 2015 and 2016!) award winner, Terese Zache Designs has become a favorite among boutique shoppers in Southern Wisconsin and beyond.
- 6/1981 Terese establishes Terese Zache Designs. Terese conceptualizes, tailors and finishes custom pieces for all of her clients as a full-time fashion designer.
- 4/2002 The State of Wisconsin awards Terese the Governor's Trailblazer award. This award recognized her contribution to the state as a business owner for over 25 years.
- 3/2003 Terese opens a retail store in Middleton where she sells her custom pieces and her favorite designer collections.
- 12/2007 Terese Zache Designs relocates to Hilldale Mall.
- 6/2013 Terese's new boutique opens just outside of West Towne Mall on Madison's West Side.
- 9/2016 Terese Zache Designs becomes Terese Zache Boutique